Typical Startup Finance "to-do" List
Your startup's "to-do" list probably includes many of the projects listed below. These are projects I have performed and I can do one or more of them for you.
• Figure out how to monetize product
• Create pricing model and set prices
• Build financial model
• Forecast cashflow to quantify burn rate and runway
• Build investor presentation
• Clearly explain the business to investors
• Find lawyers to incorporate business and/or set up stock option plan
• Obtain business valuation for tax purposes
• Create strategic and operating plan
• Create budget
• Monitor key performance indicators
• Analyze and control costs
• Optimize customer acquisition costs
• Analyze customer churn and lifetime value
• Analyze gross margins
• Sort out an accounting mess
• Prepare financial statements for investors
• Prepare for an audit
• Manage due diligence for a financing or sale
• Set up payroll services
• Organize required employee paperwork
• Design employee compensation plans
• Get paid faster by customers
• Comply with federal, state and local tax laws
• Obtain required business permits
• Write policies and procedures
• Hire and mentor finance and accounting staff
Many of these projects represent ongoing requirements for a business. Projects such as these can be arranged on a recurring basis, or bundled into an ongoing part-time Consulting CFO role.
How to Start?
Send me a message and we can schedule a quick call. If it makes sense, we can discuss a possible project in more detail. I love learning about new businesses and look forward to hearing from you.